Brought to you by Accelerate Okanagan and Women’s Enterprise Centre.
This event has sold out! Live streamed here: http://new.livestream.com/streamingcafekelowna
In the US and Canada, less than 23% of the technology industry workforce is made up by women, 6% of tech leadership roles are made up by women, and 8% of tech startups are owned by female entrepreneurs.
Support women in technology and female entrepreneurs by joining us for this Women In Tech panel session. We will ask why the panel got into tech, the challenges they have faced, the opportunities that have come out of it, plus create a general discussion around how we can get more females into the technology industry.
Laurel Douglas, CEO at Women’s Enterprise Centre, will moderate two panel discussions with these inspiring women:
- Pascale Audette – Co-Founder and CEO at Hyper Hippo Productions
- Charity Gerbrandt – Principal Creative Lead at Disney Interactive
- Janice Taylor – CEO Just Be Friends Kids Network
- Anne Marie Kirby – CEO, CoreHealth Technologies
- Alison Yesilcimen – CEO & Co-Founder at Media Cooler Innovations Inc.
- Barbara Marcolin – Assistant Professor of Information Systems at UBC Okanagan
- Kristin Garn – Founder and CEO of Mathtoons Media
- Tracy Medve – President of Kelowna Flightcraft
* This event is open to everyone – not just the ladies!
Live streamed here: http://new.livestream.com/streamingcafekelowna