icInfrastructure is looking to hire a co-op / intern student to join our team to help deliver an exciting consulting project for a national client. The project is to further develop a competency framework and the process for implementing the associated competency development program that will provide municipalities across Canada with a clear overview of everything they need to develop and hire effective ‘infrastructure asset management practitioners’. We are looking to produce an industry leading knowledge piece that will benefit the thousands of communities across Canada that are struggling to implement effective asset management and infrastructure planning practices. It will help them with staff training and development, hiring to fill gaps in their organization, as well as writing more appropriate job descriptions.
We need a student who is interested in Adult Learning and Development / Human Resources and wants to be involved in a real consulting project that will benefit a national industry. The project is already underway – more details at www.cnam.ca/AMCompetencyFramework - and you’ll be joining the project in the latter stages to help get us across the finish line. You’ll also have an opportunity to get involved in the next related project. You will learn A LOT about adult learning, the infrastructure industry, gain great experience in a fast-paced work environment, connect with people from across the industry and be in a strong position to launch your career.About icInfrastructure
icInfrastructure provides consulting, contracting and training to public and private sector clients to support their infrastructure asset management, business process improvement and decision-making efforts. We are a new independent consulting firm based in Kelowna, BC that made its start in 2017. We work across all types of infrastructure assets – water, wastewater, roads, recreation, oil and gas, power utilities and much more. More info at www.icinfrastructure.com.What is Infrastructure Asset Management?
Delivering services to customers and making short and long-term decisions is what keeps asset owners up at night. We need to put structure and workflows in place to balance service levels, costs and risks for the organization – that’s where asset management can help.
While the practice of asset management includes the professional areas of risk, finance, engineering, economics and information management, Asset Managers are business strategists who should understand a little about each of these specialties. They need to see the big picture and think about tomorrow’s problems not just those of today.About the job
Job Title: Adult Learning / Learning and Development / HR Analyst (Student Intern / Co-op)Responsibilities:
Paid 4 month contract term, option to extend to 8 or 12 months.
Starting in January 2021, date negotiable.
Based in Kelowna, BC. We have an office downtown at CoLab and do work remotely too!
Flexible Working; Need time off? No problem, just do the work another time to stay caught up.About you
· Interested in Adult Learning and Development / Human Resources: Given the scope of the project being focused on researching and development a competency framework, this should be something you want to work on!
· Interested in Infrastructure: You need to be excited about infrastructure and the services it can deliver. Whether it’s a pipeline, a road, or a treatment plant; the world is dependent on infrastructure!
· Microsoft Office experience: You need to be comfortable with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
· Strong Communicator: Good verbal and written communication skills are essential to performing in this role.
· Self Motivated: We want to know that you can get things done without someone sitting over your shoulder. Help is on hand when needed, but you’ll need to manage your own time.
· Willingness to Learn: As a student joining our team, we are not expecting you to be experts from Day 1. We’ll give you the direction, feedback, and support you need to progress in these early stages of your career, but you need to want to learn.
· Education: As Infrastructure Asset Managers, people join the field from all kinds of backgrounds and we’re open to
Join as a membership and push your job opportunities further!Member Perks
You can share a single featured job listing for $150/listing.Post a Job
Post your resume to your member profile and get found today!New Opportunities
Our Programs offer mentorship and coaching for Startups and Scale Ups.Mentorship Matters