Business Relationship Manager Okanagan
Are you passionate about seeing your community grow with the success of local small businesses? As a Business Relationship Manager with Prospera Credit Union, you help local business owners achieve their dreams by being their single point of contact and advice. The BRM role is unique as it allows you to work closely with small businesses while you seek to understand their needs in order to provide them with the best advice for both their personal and business finances.
Prospera’s holistic approach takes into account that many small business owners use their personal finances to start and grow their business. The BRM role looks at the big picture and ways to get to “yes” when everyone else is saying “no”.
If you are passionate about seeing our small business owner members succeed by building strong relationships through site visits, and face to face meetings, this mobile position is for you! Basic lending experience, day to day business needs, and a passion for member success is also an asset.
The mobility of this position allows BRMs to get to know local business owners’ stories, ultimately allowing you to proactively uncover their needs and be their link to the financial advice and expertise that will allow them to continue to grow and succeed.
What you’ll do:
* Be an expert leader in providing the ‘private banking experience’ to valued business members, based on the needs of their families, employees, and associates; including through key interactions or through different stages of the business lifecycle
* Help members to seamlessly navigate Prospera’s services and solutions through partnership with integrated team members while managing and owning the member relationship.
* Identify opportunities to go above and beyond for members, while creating value for them and Prospera
* Contribute to the ongoing improvement of the overall member/business owner experience and consistently exceed member expectations and service standards through active listening, and collaboration with Prospera colleagues
* Provide advice and services to meet the needs of the business owner
* Generate sales results and referrals
What you’ll need:
* Superior customer service skills, with a passion for supporting entrepreneurs
* Strong relationship builder and collaborator
* Ability to develop a deep understanding of the business owner, their business, and business and financial pain points or needs, and deliver relevant member-centric solutions
* Previous sales experience in one or a combination of the following: business, retail, or wealth
* Business development and prospecting skills, including building and leveraging valuable centers of influence within the local business community
* Strong knowledge of the small business banking industry, the small business lifecycle, financial statement analysis, and sales management techniques
Your ideal qualifications:
* Mutual fund license and sales experience in the mutual fund industry preferred but not required
* A degree in Commerce, Business, Finance, Accounting or other related disciplines
* To be mobile-enabled to meet with members during or outside of regular business hours
* To be flexible as Saturdays may be included in work days required
What’s in it for you?
* Inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace: where all team members are valued, respected and heard. We learn from each other’s differences, gaining strength through our people and our perspectives
* Career Advancement! We are committed to our employee’s growth and development and we want to see you soar. There are a number of career pathing options this position leads to, let us be your springboard.
* We are seeking a Business Relationship Manager for the Okanagan Region. Home branch to be decided based up successful candidates location.
* Fun & Camaraderie. We care deeply about our members and our employees and we want the hours you spend with us to be fun, rewarding and sometimes lighthearted. We like to work hard, play hard, have fun and be there for each other.
* Show me the money! We also offer a competitive salary, flexible benefits program and a generous defined benefits pension plan.
* Community Focused. We care about giving back to the communities we live, work and play in. We provide a paid volunteer day and many community-minded activities throughout the year.
* Grow your dream with us! Be part of exciting growth happening now at Prospera. Vision 2020 and our Vision, Purpose, and Values guide our company and we want you to be part of it!
Please apply for our Business Relationship Manager opportunity at www.prospera.ca/careers
Become a member and start posting today!Become a Member
No problem! You can post a featured job for $150/listing.Post a Job
Post your resume to your member profile and get found today!Post a Resume
Become an entrepreneur!Learn more