Human Dignity. Partnership. Diversity & Inclusivity.
Habitat for Humanity – Okanagan is currently searching for a dynamic CEO to lead their team. Based from their offices in West Kelowna and working closely with the Board of Directors, the CEO will champion the organization’s vision, mission and strategic goals.
Supporting the Okanagan Valley from Armstrong to Osoyoos for over 25 years, Habitat for Humanity Okanagan is a for-impact, non-profit housing organization. Their model empowers families to invest in home ownership. They build strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter because they believe every family should have safe, decent, affordable housing. Habitat for Humanity has built and sold 33 homes with many more projects on the way! Since 1991, ReStore locations across the country have been allowing local Habitats to partner with even more families in need!
Habitat for Humanity is looking for a compassionate and collaborative leader who will embrace Habitat for Humanity Okanagan’s core values and mission and drive them towards achieving their mandate.
The CEO is also responsible for:
- Building strong, effective working relationships with external partner agencies
- Motivating, leading and mentoring the staff and volunteers
- Participating with the Board of Directors in the creation of the organization’s strategic plan and reporting regularly on the progress against the plan
- Developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating their business strategies
- Overseeing financial results and budgets
- Supervising pre-construction planning and costing of their housing projects
- Promoting the organization and its vision by attending and representing Habitat for Humanity at community events
Their ideal CEO is a strategic thinker with strong business acumen and exceptional leadership skills. This position also requires:
- A degree in business or related field (MBA is preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience in an executive leadership role
- Proven track record of effectively overseeing complex financial reporting
- Experience creating proposals, grants and funding applications
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in a construction setting is an asset
- A passion for making a difference in the community
How to Apply
If you are an experienced leader of people with a track record of achieving results in the for-impact world who wants to drive positive change in the Okanagan, please apply online here: http://opportunities.lovehr.ca/o/7s5deu17gp.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the CEO position and in helping Habitat for Humanity Okanagan to achieve their goals.