Accelerate Okanagan exists to give entrepreneurs the mentorship, connections and community they need to build technology driven ventures. For Founders and their companies, Accelerate Okanagan is the accelerator that provides the specialized tools, disciplines, and structure required for success.
Located in Kelowna BC, Accelerate Okanagan (AO) foundational values are:
- Innovation: We choose boldness, act with agility and learn from failure.
- Inclusivity: We are intentional collaborators, creating brave spaces for every voice.
- Focus: We are effective in our delivery, accountable for results and clear on our purpose.
- Sustainability: We support businesses, balanced founders, and healthy communities.
These values drive our three areas of focus, Engage the Willing, Unlock the Capital and Coach the Leaders which facilitate growth of the start up ecosystem in the Okanagan region.
AO is seeking a visionary Chief Executive Officer for this hands-on role to lead a team and achieve this mandate. This position will be broad in scope: providing strategic business planning, executing on strategy and day-to-day operational leadership.
The successful individual will work under the guidance of the AO Board of Directors to develop and implement the strategic plan directing AO towards continuous growth. He/she will be a natural leader, gifted communicator and thrive on building strong relationships. Our CEO will have a reputation for establishing effective partnerships and joint ventures as well as being a collaborative influence. Previous experience with leading start-up/incubation not-for-profit organizations is preferred.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A proven track record as a successful C level executive, with full profit and loss responsibility, ideally in a start up accelerator or similar not-for-profit organization
- Essential CEO skills including: leadership, strategic planning, financial, coaching, administrative, negotiation and marketing
- A Bachelor of Commerce/Master of Business Administration or related educational background
- Five years’ experience in similar role or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- An ability to prepare and analyze business plans, financial forecasts, feasibility studies etc. for presentation to boards of directors, potential business partners and lending institutions
- An ability to achieve results through building strong relationships and collaborating with clients, funding partners and other stakeholders
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated tact and diplomacy as well as sound judgment and decision-making skills
- The ability to formulate and execute major policies, programs and objectives to promote and ensure accountability, transparency and an organization's sustainability and profitability
- Ability to travel as needed to represent the organization
- Experience with government funded not for profit organizations would be an asset
- Experience creating proposals/grants/funding applications and government reporting requirements
How to Apply
If the above sounds like you, please apply here: http://opportunities.lovehr.ca/o/c9y6c55f3k
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.