You need to code and build amazing systems. You have a high desire to build platforms and products people can’t live without. In this role, you will provide strategic innovative and cost-effective solutions to increase efficiency, reliability and integration of Uncoil services and operations, working in a semi-autonomous environment where fast prototyping emerging technologies to solve industry-related problems is the rule. You will also be involved in development and maintenance of our Node js systems. The position reports to the Technical Product Manager.
Technical skills – Must haves
- Strong working experience in Bash, Linux
- Solid working experience with Node.js
- Knowledge of Restful architecture and use cases
- Knowledge of security principles (Oauth2, JWT, OpenAPI)
- Basic knowledge of application networking and troubleshooting
- Understand continuous integration and continuous delivery (Jenkins, Codeship, etc.)
Technical skills – Better to have
- Experience with Google cloud platform and developing applications hosted on GCP
- Knowledge of containerization technologies - Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of trade offs among PaaS, CaaS and IaaS cloud based solutions
- Basic knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Has setup CI/CD pipelines using Codeship, VSTS or similar tools
- Learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Work on a wide variety of tasks using emerging technologies
- Collaborate with designers, developers and product owners for DevOps and Node.js development
- Apply usability procedures and principles as defined at a project or product-line levels or through customer input
- Contribute to and supports re-use through common components that are well documented and tested
A bit about Uncoil:
Out of the fires that forged Strawhouse, one of Canada’s fastest growing media companies (Deloitte #9 Media Company in North America, 2018), comes Uncoil Inc; a SAAS platform for eCommerce entrepreneurs. We realized there is a big gap in the knowledge, skills and technical understanding required to run, grow and optimize ecommerce businesses. We've decided to solve that problem thereby empowering ecommerce companies to grow at unprecedented rates.
By leveraging the deep industry/problem knowledge, real time data transformation and ML/AI, we are merging Advertising and eCommerce data into actionable insights for SMB eCommerce companies. Uncoil combines robust data visualization and proprietary recommendations to give these companies actionable insights — in both their stores and their advertising platforms. We help drive growth while mitigating waste.
Neat stuff about us:
We encourage everyone here to ‘be themselves’. Our strength comes from our diversity. This means a casual office dress code and environment.
We are headquartered in downtown Kelowna, BC, with an office filled with rockstar coworkers for you to learn from. We offer unlimited snacks and coffee, as well as team lunches on Fridays!
- Competitive compensation and a number of in office perks (for local team members)
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Employee Stock Option Plan and Profit Sharing generously reward those who drive growth
*Open to remote candidates
How to Apply
Please APPLY by visiting our careers page: http://strawhouse.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=30