Mega Build Lab is a technology company located in Kelowna. We work with small and medium businesses, building software that helps them grow.
We are looking to expand our development team in Kelowna. No agencies, please. The ideal candidate will be located in or near Kelowna, or willing to relocate.
Mega Build Lab believes that our clients are important, but our team members are just as important. In creating a safe place to work, experiment, and learn, our goal is to be a human-centric culture that prizes teamwork internally and with our clients, to produce informed work that our clients and their customers find useful, profitable, and a joy to use.
Skills we look for in new members:
- Good "Kindergarten Skills" (plays well with others, sharing, caring, communication, kindness)
- Collaborates well in a team environment
- Communicates very well. There is no such thing as over-communicating.
- Can follow and can lead within a team, often switching between the two
- High level understanding of technical design and implementation
- Broad understanding of various programming methods
- Loves to learn
Tasks you can expect to complete in this position:
- Review code from other team members, providing constructive feedback and suggestions when needed.
- Feature development and architecture.
- Write and assign JIRA tasks based on immediate project priorities.
- Estimate on project software development tasks
- Experiment and learn to inform questions and direction for client and internal projects.
- Stakeholder anthropology
- Wireframing and paper prototyping to aid in gathering project feature requirements
Some tools we use in-house. The right applicant won't need to know all of them right now, but should expect to learn some or all on the job:
- git branch management
- intermediate to advanced Amazon Web Services experience
- linux server management
- deployment pipeline management (on AWS)
- We provide a desk and office in the awesome coLab, here in Kelowna. We also have a desk in the Innovation Center
How to Apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 1 800 459-1978 and tell us why you think you are a good fit for this position. Provide any information that you think is relevant. Only individual, independent applicants will be considered for this position. No agencies please.