Located in the beautiful, sunny Okanagan Valley of British Columbia, Bylands Nurseries Ltd. is a producer of premium plants offering one of the most diverse and complete mixes of hardy plants available in North America. Bylands team members come together with the common vision of “enhancing lives with plants” and grow 4 million+ plants annually. Bylands has been in business for over 60 years and is recognized with numerous industry awards for outstanding business practices and environmental stewardship.
Bylands is currently seeking a Controller for their growing, privately owned nursery business.
Working closely with the President, the Controller is responsible for completing day-to-day accounting and finance functions as well as developing and leading strategic financial initiatives and activities. Acting as one of the key members of the leadership team, the Controller models Bylands’ culture of excellence and embraces the organizational vision. Main responsibilities include:
- Oversee and manage the accounting department operations
- Provide leadership and support to the accounting team
- Accurately maintain accounting systems, policies and procedures
- Prepare daily, monthly and annual financial reports and statements
- Reconciliation of all bank and clearing accounts
- Supervise, review and approve the administration of the AP, AR and Payroll functions
- Maintain ongoing communication and provide necessary information to the external accountants to coordinate year-end file review
- Administer group insurance and pension plan programs
- Ensure all government and regulatory remittances are submitted correctly and in a timely manner
- Prepare annual operating budgets for all departments
- Conduct financial analysis and provide advice as needed for capital investments, pricing decisions and contract negotiations
We are looking for a candidate who will share and exude Bylands’ values of accountability, growth mindset, integrity and commitment to quality and continuous improvement. This position requires a strong leader who has a solid accounting background along with the following:
- A degree in Business/Accounting with a CPA Designation
- Extensive experience and solid knowledge of accounting procedures and financial management
- Knowledge of all relevant federal and provincial requirements on financial record keeping and reporting in a production environment
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite and strong proficiency in Simply Accounting
- Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude and proven ability to lead and coach a team
How to Apply
If the above description sounds like you and you are looking for an opportunity to work in a fantastic organization, please apply online now: http://opportunities.lovehr.ca/o/controller-1
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only those candidates being selected for interviews will be contacted.