Northside Industries, an industry leader in the manufacturing and assembly of a variety of steel and aluminum fabrications for the Oil and Gas, Forestry, Heavy Duty Truck, and Mining sectors is seeking a Business Developer for its West Kelowna, BC location.
They have been serving their customers both locally and throughout Western Canada for over 50 years, providing only the highest level of workmanship and service to exceed customers’ expectations.
Northside Industries requires a Controller to join our team in West Kelowna. The ideal candidate will not only have the technical and leadership qualities for this role but will work with our team communicating financials into clear and executable opportunities and plans for ongoing improvement and long-term sustainability.
As a member of the management team, the Controller will be an advisor to the Managers and Supervisors of all departments. The Controller shall hold responsibility for managing the overall financial operations of the Company and will provide accurate information to Management, Department Supervisors and applicable 3rd parties. (e.g. financial institutions). This is to include analysis, budgeting, forecasting and preparing financial reports.
The Controller will be responsible for directing and managing the Company’s accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures as well as the preparation of financial statements and reporting to management and externally. The Corporate Controller also maintains the company's ERP and accounting system, implementing improvements where needed. Requirements
- 5+ years in a Controller position with supervisory responsibilities
- University degree in Business/Accounting, with professional accounting designation (such as CA, CPA, CGA, CMA) preferred.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management.
- Strong background in manufacturing cost accounting and analysis
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant Federal, Provincial and local requirements regarding financial records.
- Proficient communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are vital to the role.
- Experience overseeing audits performed by external audit firms
- Financial analysis, budgeting and some strategic planning experience
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications
- Knowledge of budget preparation and analysis techniques
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills with a strong ability to train and develop
- Proven ability to lead a team
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to make the necessary decisions to move forward the work at hand
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) concepts and computer systems an asset
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion of company information
How to Apply
If you are an experienced self-driven professional who has a proven track-record of successfully managing accounting, preferably in a production environment, and wish to be part of the continued strengthening of our organization, we'd liked to hear from you: http://opportunities.lovehr.ca/o/controller-west-kelowna
Northside Industries offers competitive compensation packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.