Position Summary: In charge of company’s database availability, security and stability. Design OLTP and OLAP databases, schematics, layouts, and architecture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Perform analytical and capacity planning.
· Design and develop effective metrics and monitoring processes.
· Performance tuning, backup, recovery and high availability.
· Ensure databases are compliant (SLA, PCI, SOX).
· Provide technical support as needed.
· Receive and review source documents for data input.
· Check the accuracy and relevance of input and output data.
· Verify output data against control totals
· Conducts tasks and assignments as directed.
· Solid system administration and automation skills.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Team work: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goal and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments to other team members.
Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations. Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Ethics: Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: BA or BS is preferred.
Experience: Four to five years’ experience or equivalent education.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability.
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Proficiency in SQL server, ETL (SSIS) , Reporting tools (Crystal report, SSRS)
· General understanding of Web technology, database design, and security and risk. Experience at a large-scale internet site
· General understanding of FTP, SFTP, Oracle, cloud technology (AWS, Azure), Big Data (Hadoop, Hive, Pig).
Become a member and start posting today!Become a Member
No problem! You can post a featured job for $150/listing.Post a Job
Post your resume to your member profile and get found today!Post a Resume
Become an entrepreneur!Learn more