The Desktop Support reports to the Network Supervisor and works as part of a team that provides Tier 1 support for all desktop and network infrastructure support problems at the Kelowna base and at the Southport, MB base. Effort between bases usually works out to be a 50/50 split.
It is a requirement of this position to be able to travel to Manitoba between 6 - 8 weeks per year to provide holiday coverage and support project initiatives.
• Respond to inquiries and requests for assistance with the organization's computer systems or PC's.
• Identifies problems, troubleshoots and provides advice to assist users.
• Set up of new employees and students.
• Administers DWAN system.
• Be present and visible in the Help Desk and available to users requiring technical assistance.
• Provide Tier 1 support for all desktop and network infrastructure support problems.
• Coordinates with other IS areas to resolve problems if necessary.
• Learn and document fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment such as printers and phones.
• Ensures compliance with all Computer and Network policies.
• Become familiar with available help resources; stay updated on Network technology changes or problems.
• Learn and document fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment.
• Projects as assigned within the desktop support and networking areas.
• Other duties as assigned by the department.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE or SKILLS
• High school diploma
• Technical computer certificate and/or minimum 2 years relevant experience
• Working knowledge of common operating systems and software applications
• Desktop Systems - Network Cards, mainboards, RAM, power supplies, hard drives, etc.
• Software Systems- Active Directory, Windows 2007/10, Office 365/ suite, Adobe Suite, and various 3rd party and in-house applications.
• Hardware Systems – Network Hubs, Switches, Printers, Cabling, and Wireless Gear
• Good communications skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Team Player
• Able to work in an extremely fast-paced dynamic environment.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Works and Government Services Enhanced Reliability Clearance
• Willingness and availability to travel
For more information or to apply, please visit our website at www.kfaero.ca/careers.
Become a member and start posting today!Become a Member
No problem! You can post a featured job for $150/listing.Post a Job
Post your resume to your member profile and get found today!Post a Resume
Become an entrepreneur!Learn more