● Automate cloud infrastructure deployment and management
● Optimize application for reduced maintenance and deployment complexity
● Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
● Build solutions to problems that interrupt availability, performance, and stability in our systems, services, and application at scale.
● Perform a wide variety of technical and administrative duties in overall systems design, development, and delivery.
● Be a “go-to” internal escalation point for service outages and troubleshooting.
● Manage the establishment and configuration of cloud infrastructure in an agile way by storing infrastructure as code and employing automated configuration management tools with a goal to be able to re-provision environments at any point in time.
● Develop and implement instrumentation for monitoring the health and availability of services including fault detection, alerting, triage, and recovery (automated and manual).
● Be accountable for proper backup and disaster recovery procedures.
● Develop, improve, and thoroughly document operational practices and procedures.
● Proactively transfer knowledge and practices across the development team.
● Drive operational cost reductions through service optimizations and demand based auto scaling.
Qualifications and Experience
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Analytical; able to summarize
● Team-minded and flexible; prepared to influence change
● Diligent and conscientious
● Organized and proactive
● Preferably also knows: Jenkins, Typescript, Kubernetes, Groovy, Python, Kafka and a big plus if experience with data warehousing, Elasticsearch with Kibana or time series DBs with Grafana or the like.
Become a member and start posting today!Become a Member
No problem! You can post a featured job for $150/listing.Post a Job
Post your resume to your member profile and get found today!Post a Resume
Become an entrepreneur!Learn more