DevOps Engineer at Bluzelle Networks
Remote - work from home in BC or AB
Bluzelle is building a decentralized database to support the next generation of DApps - this has never been done before and is not easy. They are looking for a DevOps professional who likes the startup lifestyle and culture, and has a passion for working on things that aren’t easy. Technical skills aside, the team requires a problem solver who can, and has a track record of, figuring it out, and can be relied on to self-manage and stay engaged with a team that all work remotely and rely heavily on collaboration tools. This person is a self-starter, and has the resourcefulness and tenacity to face challenging problems head-on.
You’ll report to the CTO and partner with the Lead Devs to help manage the development environment, distributed applications architecture, continuous delivery process, and continuous integration system. You will be Bluezelle's first DevOps Engineer, so they will be looking to you for guidance on best practices, establishing protocols, standards and procedures. As the first person in this position, you will have the unique opportunity to make decisions and lead many different areas in DevOps.
Bluzelle provides a supportive and nurturing environment for those that are team players (no egos!), open communicators, conscientious employees, and passionate engineers. The team at Bluzelle would love to find a similar profile and help that person grow their career as Bluzelle grows their business and products.
- Ensure smooth delivery of software through various test stages and into production
- Work with development team to support changing needs in development, test and production environments
- Monitor and report on server status and application logs, and act to return system to health when alerted
- Take ownership where necessary to troubleshoot and resolve failures in the Dev, Test and Production environment, and work closely with development and QA teams to drive resolution
- Plan and execute deployment on production servers in after-hour
- Research and implement new technologies to improve our production infrastructure
- Write and maintain technical documentation to insure against the Bus Factor
- Must have solid knowledge of and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Linux/Unix administration. Linux Certification preferred (RHCE or equivalent)
- Experience with JIRA and/or Selenium
- Experience using Jenkins or similar for continuous integration
- Familiarity with Git
- Must have Bash / Shell (One of our advisors is the father of GNU Bash)
- Programming in C (Nice to have)
- Comfortable downloading already-written code and building and compiling and deploying the binaries
- Scripting experience (e.g. Python, Ruby, PHP, Perl, etc.)
- Experience setting up servers with cloud providers, e.g. RackSpace, AWS, MS Azure. These could include Linux machines, Windows machines, database servers, file storage services, serverless computing services, etc.
- A proactive individual who works well in a team environment
- Occasional after hours and weekend work should be expected in this role to facilitate systems maintenance
- We stay lean and leverage technical best practices across the board
- We all work remotely and stay connected via slack - a flexible lifestyle that supports your personal work approach
- We offer vacation and paid sick leave, but if you'd like you can also take your job with you and bank your vacation days - as long as you coordinate with your team lead
- Salary and optional stock options and/or crypto currency
- A competitive and comprehensive extended benefits program including Life, Critical Illness, AD&D, LTD/STD, Dependants, Travel, Vision / Dental, Partners / Dependants, Extended Health (Chiro, Acupuncture, etc.)
- Bluzelle invests in their team culture and morale through events and activities, as well as offer training subsidies for relevant coursework
How to Apply
To apply: Please send resumé to Ingrid@RoninHR.com