Springfield Funeral Home has been serving the Kelowna and Okanagan Valley with care and compassion since 1981.
Springfield Funeral Home currently requires a hard-working individual to join their team as a Funeral and Facility Attendant. This position will ensure that the funeral home is being properly cleaned and maintained to uphold their professional image within the community.
Assisting with both funeral related activities, as well as general facility duties of the funeral home, this role will:
- Maintain the cleanliness of the facility to ensure readiness for services and provide comfort and security to colleagues and families
- Drive, clean and maintain Springfield’s fleet of vehicles
- Monitor and perform routine maintenance on the building, parking lot and grounds
- Perform safety checks throughout the facility
- During the winter season, keep up exterior snow clearance and salting of entrances and exits
- Assist with funeral services including preparation and conclusion of services, visitations and escorting families through the facilities
Springfield is seeking a motivated candidate with strong communication skills, professional attire and manners, and is a capable with basic cleaning, grounds maintenance and building repair tools. The successful candidate also is expected to have:
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- A Team-player attitude
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary and participate in the on-call rotation
- Previous facility maintenance and/or custodial experience (will be considered an asset)
How to Apply
We value providing caring and personal services to families in every aspect of our business. If you are someone who shares in these values and is comfortable working in a funeral environment, please apply online: http://opportunities.lovehr.ca/o/funeral-and-facility-attendant.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.