THE OKANAGAN LIFESTYLE IS CALLING!
Under the supervision of the Application and GIS Services Supervisor, the GIS Analyst is a technical and analytical position that plays an essential role in the continued development of the City of West Kelowna’s enterprise GIS. In this position you will contribute to the support and advancement of the City of West Kelowna’s GIS services by providing your technical expertise in database administration, web map technology, automating workflows, database design, and complex analysis within an Esri enterprise environment. Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships, strong problem solving and project management skills are essential in this role.
Our ideal candidate:
• Degree in Geographic Information Systems or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience with the application and administration of GIS technology preferably in a local government setting;
• Thorough knowledge and experience with implementing, configuring and maintaining an Esri ArcGIS Platform (ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise);
• Thorough knowledge and proficiency in the installation, configuration, versioning, archiving and schema design of a multi-user, versioned, geodatabase within Microsoft Enterprise SQL Server;
• Thorough knowledge of both Web and Application server architecture, standards, and security protocols;
• Significant experience with GeoCortex Essentials configuration, implementation and development of GeoCortex Workflows and Reporting;
• Thorough knowledge of the BC Land Title Survey & Authority (LTSA) and British Columbia Assessment Authority data structures and processes;
• Working knowledge of AutoDesk Civil3D and data translation processes for the extraction, translation and loading (ETL) of Infrastructure, Land and other data;
• Comprehensive knowledge of data analysis, editing and reporting processes within Esri Desktop, its extensions and web applications;
• Proven ability to continually develop, learn and keep pace with technology changes;
• Thorough knowledge of raster, sensor and vector data processing procedures and analysis processes;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff and associates in a professional manner;
• Ability to communicate with internal and external technical resources to resolve end-user issues and providing guidance to users on methods for correcting reported problems;
• Ability to prioritize projects, service requests and estimate level of effort to meet the organization’s needs;
• Ability to work both independently, with minimal supervision, and as part of a team;
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels in the organization, and with external clients;
• Valid Class 5 BC Drivers License.
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
PAY $42.32/HR @ 35HR/WK, M-F
Join as a membership and push your job opportunities further!Member Perks
You can share a single featured job listing for $150/listing.Post a Job
Post your resume to your member profile and get found today!New Opportunities
Our Programs offer mentorship and coaching for Startups and Scale Ups.Mentorship Matters