Information Technology Manager
Posted on: January 5th, 2018
We are currently seeking
a temporary, full-time Information Technology Manager to join our team in
Kelowna, BC. The anticipated term length is February 2018 – December 2020.
Salary: $80,000 - $100,000 annually
Information Technology Manager provides expertise and leadership in the areas
of IT governance and standards, plans and implements technology projects and
initiatives, supervises IT Department employees and manages relationships with
internal stakeholders and external vendors. The Manager reports to the Director
of Commercial Operations or designate.
- Work with key company stakeholders to determine and implement a strategy to support the organization's current and future business objectives.
- Responsible to build, manage, and communicate a strategic plan that outlines key objectives and performance indicators for key IT initiatives.
- Manage all company IT project initiatives, utilizing
industry standard techniques and methodology to ensure an effective and
timely outcome for all requirements.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of
additions, deletions and major modifications to current and future
- Develop, implement and maintain network security as
established by corporate leadership.
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of the
company's infrastructure, and direct contract resources and junior team
members to manage productivity effectively.
- Oversee the administration of the company's Wide
Area Network (WAN).
- Oversee troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving,
and disaster recovery and provide expert support as required.
- Manage and develop changes, upgrades or additions to
the company's telephone system.
- Oversee all mobile communications devices and
- Oversee all other communication technology utilized
across the business (i.e. social media).
Help Desk Administration
- Oversee all help desk activities.
- Respond to escalated help desk issues.
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of ticket
- Interact with internal clients on all levels to help
resolve IT-related issues and provide answers and resolution in a timely
- Build and maintain vendor relationships, and manages
the purchase of hardware and software products.
- Manage the purchasing of all software, hardware and
other IT supplies at the regional level and ensure that company assets are
- Maintain accurate inventory of technology hardware,
software and resources.
- Management of
company technology equipment.
- Facilitate team meetings effectively.
- Hold regular status meetings with team.
- Keep team well informed of changes within the
organization and general news.
- Effectively communicate relevant IT-related
information to superiors.
- Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized
- Resolve or escalates issues as appropriate in a
- Understand how to communicate difficult or sensitive
- Relay relevant IT-related information to the company
in a timely manner.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Manage IT staff including workflow, resource
allocations, recruiting, orientation, training and development, and
- Initiate and implement improvements in all areas of
- Serve as the main point of contact on all IT-related
matters for the office assigned.
- Identify and provide standards for gathering
information for use in trend analysis and reports information to company
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while
serving as a role model and mentor.
- Manages the development of team by ensuring, when
possible, that project tasks are in line with each Innovator's career interests.
- Inspires coworkers to attain goals and pursue
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes
constructive suggestions for change.
- Manages the process of innovative change
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her
- Motivates team to work together in the most
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those
lessons with team members.
- Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
- Plans and facilitates regular team activities
outside of the office.
- Manages day-to-day internal client interaction.
- Sets and manages internal client expectations.
- Communicates effectively with internal clients to
identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase internal
client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Conducts effective performance evaluations and
mentors those with less experience through formal channels.
- Helps team execute career development plans.
- Seeks and participates in development opportunities
above and beyond training required by Flair Airlines
- Trains other innovators and clients through both
formal and informal training programs.
- Encourages more junior Innovators to take
responsibility for their development within the company.
- Challenges fellow Innovators to progress toward
their professional development goals.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes
along with possible solutions.
- Leads internal teams/task forces
- Approves team member's time and expense reports in a
conscientious and timely manner.
- Reviews the status reports of team members and
addresses issues as appropriate.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply online directly to the posting no later than 9pm PST on January 28th, 2018., by clicking here - http://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=F8NS&ccId=19000101_000001&ty
Applications should clearly demonstrate how your skills meet the requirements of the position. Further information about the company can be found at http://www.flairairlines.com.
We wish to thank everyone who applies, however due to the number of applications received only those shortlisted will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Flair Airlines offers a competitive compensation package including medical and dental benefits, short and long term disability, life insurance, dependent life insurance, employee & family assistance program, a defined contribution pension plan (matched contributions), and a staff travel program.