IT Support Manager
Posted on: May 1st, 2018
BigSteelBox- is looking for a full-time IT Support Manager, to work at the Corporate Office in Kelowna.
This is a full-time position Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm starting as soon as possible. Salary is dependent on experience, benefits will be provided after 3 months and overtime may be required.
The IT Support Manager, under the direction of the Senior IT Manager, will primarily be responsible to execute and oversee internal IT support and the implementation, deployment and operation of information systems and technology solutions for business needs. The IT Support Manager must have at least three years of experience managing support services in a multi-location mid-sized or larger organization.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Certificate or Diploma in IT or 3 years related experience is required
• At least three years of experience managing support services in a multi-location mid-sized or larger
• Proven ability of understanding hardware and software architectures and data structures
• Strong knowledge of:
o Office365 Admin, Exchange
o Windows Domain
o Enterprise software/hardware deployments
o Windows 7/10, MacOS, iOS
o MS Office Desktop Products
• Good knowledge of:
o Network Hardware
o PowerShell, Rest APIs
o SaaS, PaaS, NaaS
o Software development lifecycle
o IT best practices
• Perform and oversee internal IT support
• Liaise with vendors and service providers to ensure efficient and cost-effective acquisition of technology
purchases; oversee warranties and service agreements
• Participate in the research, selection, design, and implement the appropriate technologies to support and
improve corporate communications, access to information, and end-user productivity
• Participate in the creation of business cases for technology acquisitions
• Plan end-user training as required
• Conduct capacity planning for network bandwidth, storage requirements, messaging, websites, and other
• Analyze departmental operations and identify areas requiring improvement
• Assist senior management with the direction and facilitation of IT strategic and tactical planning
REQUIRED SKILLS/CORE COMPETENCIES:
• Service Orientation - Provides superior service to both internal and external customers.
• Technology competence and ability to adapt to learn new technologies
• Learning & Innovation - Continually learning and always generating ideas for innovative approaches to
• Planning and Organizing - Accurately estimates duration and level of difficulty of tasks and projects, setting
out goals and objectives and work plans to complete.
• Adaptability & Change Management - Recognizing potential situations and responding with solutions,
tactics or approaches to reduce or eliminate issues
• Analytical Thinking - Evaluates, interprets and analyses critical, complex information
• Communication - Adapts communication to respond to audience or situational requirements
• Attention to detail
• Drive for Results - Demonstrates a focus on finishing all tasks assigned in a timely manner while taking
complete ownership of tasks
• Problem Solving - Uses logic and analytical methods to come to realistic solution.
How to Apply
Please go to the BigSteelBox website at: http://www.bigsteelbox.com/careers/.
Click the “Apply Now” button next to this job posting and attach your cover letter and resume as one document. We thank all applicants in advance,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.