About Greenspace Mental Health
Greenspace (www.greenspacehealth.com) is transforming mental health systems through the use of data, collaboration and transparency; enabling healthcare providers to help their patients get better and stay better.
Mental illness has passed HIV/Aids, malaria and diabetes as the leading cause of disability in the world. While there is no cure, psychotherapy is the most cost and clinically effective form of treatment. Greenspace has developed solutions that draw on technology and clinical research to improve patient outcomes within this traditional psychotherapy model.
We are an early stage company based in Toronto and Kelowna. Since launching in 2016, the platform is already being used by thousands of therapists and patients and growing rapidly across Canada and the US. Having secured two rounds of financing, Greenspace is backed by a group of industry leading advisors, including Mary Deacon (the Chair of Bell Let’s Talk), Dr. Vicky Stergiopoulos (Chief Psychiatrist at CAMH) and Dr. Ryan Van Wert (CMO of Vynca and a Clinical Instructor of medicine at Stanford University).
Overview – The Role
The candidate will work directly with the CTO and the rest of the engineering team and have an opportunity to lead a number of key product development initiatives. We are an early stage company, which means that you will get a ton of responsibility and have an opportunity to play a pivotal role in the development and growth of the product.
We are passionate about improving the quality of mental health care and improving the lives of millions of people. We believe in a collaborative work environment where everyone's view carries equal weight. Good ideas are good ideas and it doesn't matter whether they come from the CEO or the newest employee.
• Work effectively in an agile product development environment.
• Learn and understand Greenspace’s business objectives and contribute to product growth.
• Solve problems across all areas of the business and not be siloed into a narrow area of focus.
• Collaborate closely with an experienced dev team, learn from their experience and grow your skill set.
Required Skills to be Successful
• Passion for software development and entrepreneurship demonstrated through a portfolio of past projects (work, school or side projects).
• At least 6 months of web development experience, comfortable working across the full web development stack including front-end and back-end.
• Hands-on experience with at least one modern back-end framework (Django, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, etc.).
• Familiarity with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
• Solid understanding of web development fundamentals including HTTP, RESTful APIs, and cloud-based platforms like AWS.
• Ability to write clean, maintainable code.
• Comfortable working in a Unix environment and proficient with modern software development tools and practices, including git/Github, automated testing, continuous integration, code reviews, bug tracking, etc.
• Attention to detail and good eye for design.
• Strong growth mindset.
Perks and Culture
Work within a great mission-driven culture to build and grow a meaningful solution across our health system. You will be given a lot of autonomy and ownership over your work and have the rest of the team available to support and collaborate as needed. We strive to work in a sustainable way where results matter, not the hours worked. We provide a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Become a member and start posting today!Become a Member
No problem! You can post a featured job for $150/listing.Post a Job
Post your resume to your member profile and get found today!Post a Resume
Become an entrepreneur!Learn more