About Greenspace Mental Health
Greenspace (www.greenspacehealth.com) is transforming mental health systems through the use of data, collaboration and transparency; enabling healthcare providers to help their patients get better and stay better.
Mental illness has passed HIV/Aids, malaria and diabetes as the leading cause of disability in the world. While there is no cure, psychotherapy is the most cost and clinically effective form of treatment. Greenspace has developed solutions that draw on technology and clinical research to improve patient outcomes within this traditional psychotherapy model.
We are an early stage company based in Kelowna and Toronto. Since launching in 2016, the platform has been adopted by tens of thousands of therapists and patients and growing rapidly across Canada and the US. Having secured multiple rounds of financing, Greenspace is backed by a group of industry leading advisors, including Mary Deacon (the Chair of Bell Let’s Talk), Dr. Vicky Stergiopoulos (Chief Psychiatrist at CAMH) and Dr. Ryan Van Wert (CMO of Vynca and a Clinical Instructor of medicine at Stanford University).
Overview – The Role
The candidate will work within the engineering team and have an opportunity to contribute to key product initiatives. As a junior full-stack web developer, you will get to learn from an experienced team of developers and quickly grow your skills across the full stack. Being in a startup environment means that you will get a ton of responsibility and have an opportunity to play a pivotal role in the development and growth of the product and the evolution of our team and company.
We are passionate about improving the quality of mental health care and improving the lives of millions of people. We believe in a collaborative work environment where everyone's view carries equal weight. Good ideas are good ideas and it doesn't matter whether they come from the CEO or the newest employee.
• Work effectively in an agile product development environment.
• Learn and understand Greenspace’s business objectives and contribute to product growth.
• Solve problems across all areas of the business and not be siloed into a narrow area of focus.
• Collaborate closely with an experienced engineering team, learn from their experience and grow your skill set and impact.
Required Skills to be Successful
• Passion for software development and entrepreneurship demonstrated through a portfolio of past projects (work, school or side projects).
• At least 6 months of full-stack web development experience, including front-end and back-end.
• Exposure to at least one modern full-stack framework (Django, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, etc.).
• Familiarity with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
• Solid understanding of web development fundamentals including HTTP, RESTful APIs, and cloud-based platforms like AWS.
• Ability to write clean, maintainable code.
• Comfortable working in a Unix environment and proficient with modern software development tools and practices, including git/Github, automated testing, continuous integration, code reviews, etc.
• Attention to detail and good eye for design.
• Strong growth mindset.
Perks and Culture
• Competitive salary that’s reviewed annually based on clear objectives and results.
• Full employee benefits package.
• Use your skills to contribute towards our mission of building and growing a meaningful solution across our health system.
• Constant personal growth through peer mentorship, regular 1:1s, OKRs, lunch and learns and external learning opportunities.
• Sustainable work environment where outcomes matter, not the hours worked.
• Full autonomy and ownership of your work.
Become a member and start posting today!Become a Member
No problem! You can post a featured job for $150/listing.Post a Job
Post your resume to your member profile and get found today!Post a Resume
Become an entrepreneur!Learn more