Wanted: Print & Laser Engraving Production Assistant
Do you have a passion for sustainability? Does the idea of creating zero-waste products excite you? If so, we’re looking for you!
- Are really interested in electric vehicles
- Appreciate a good debate even with your boss
- Figure out how to fix it instead of who is to blame
- Aren't afraid to jump in the deep end
- Are excited about building empowered teams
- Have pulled recyclables out of the trash
- Believe we do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
- Work to protect and restore the environment.
- Aren't afraid to make mistakes as long as we learn.
- Care more about your values and intelligence than your experience.
- Are committed to contributing to team dynamics that create empowerment vs. entitlement.
Our Core Values
- Commit to a culture that builds a strong COMMUNITY.
- Foster CREATIVITY to inspire fresh innovation.
- Embrace COURAGE by taking action despite uncertainty.
- Live with Awareness and CONSCIOUSNESS of our choices.
The mission of the Print & Engraving Production Assistant is to help create the most sustainable phone cases in the world in our Kelowna Sustainability Studio. The person in this position will excel at running engraving and colour printing machines while monitoring machine performance, executing custom case projects and collaborating on new production processes. Maximizing decoration capacity and improving fulfillment times will be the core focus, allowing Pela to execute timely launches.
This role requires an individual that thrives in an environment of continuous improvement and problem-solving. Teamwork and adaptability will be critical to success. Meeting deadlines and delivering on promises nurtures your soul.
Responsibilities: Carry out production, inspection, packaging and machine operation duties.
Coordinate and perform machine cleaning & maintenance proceduresMaintain a maintenance schedule and log Maintain a safe and clean workspaceFollow established safety rules and regulationsAssist others as necessary
- Sets up and operates the Epilog laser machines and Mimaki colour printer, decorating eco friendly, compostable products
- Prepare and coordinate art files using CorelDRAW/Adobe Illustrator for laser engraving using established templates and ensuring production standards are followed
- Loads & unload jigs in a timely fashion to maximize throughput
- Remove finished product from the machine, checking each for quality
- Package final product for shipping
Qualifications & Skills:
- CorelDRAW, Adobe Illustrator, or graphic design experience necessary
- Laser engraving or commercial printing experience desirable
- Design, electronic, and mechanical aptitude an asset
- Knowledge of systems and processes in a manufacturing setting
- Enjoys a busy day in a shop/production environment
- Ability to learn procedures quickly with attention to detail
- Ability to work in a loud environment, lift 40 lbs, and stand for a 8-hour shift.
- Committed to quality, safety and communication.
- Strong attention to detail and pride in workmanship.
- A team-player who wants to participate in green manufacturing and promote a sustainable future.
- Available 10 AM - 6 PM, Monday - Friday (some flexibility/fluxuations)
Commitment to Diversity:
Pela is committed to cultivating and preserving a company culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We know that we will grow and learn better with a diverse team. When recruiting for new members of our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, and sexual orientation.
How to Apply