Position Title: Manufacturing Engineering Designer
Location: tekmar Control Systems
Physically located: Vernon, British Columbia Canada
Department: R&D Engineering - Manufacturing Engineering
Name / Title of Supervisor: Rick Weins / Manufacturing Engineering Lead
As a member of the Manufacturing Engineering team, this position will be responsible for design and validation of production automation tools and equipment used in the production and quality assurance process to test and calibrate electronics. They will also work with the new product design team to improve manufacturability and testing of new devices.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Engineering design, fabrication and validation of production automation tools and equipment with a focus on calibration and test stands, including embedded electronics, pneumatics, mechanical and software (C++).
2. Work with new product development on up front design for manufacturability to ensure products are built in the most economical process possible.
3. Identify from current processes and develop solutions for manufacturing process improvements.
4. Participate in weekly project update team meetings to assist in planning.
5. Creating test procedures and checklists for manufacturing and test fixtures.
6. Validating the design meets the specifications and completing the checklists.
7. Creating and updating technical documentation for product requirements, build directions, and test fixtures.
8. Collaborating with other departments or Watts corporate business units to aid in establishing product requirements, design, and testing.
9. Customization of products for readiness in manufacturing.
10. Manage cost reduction efforts including global sourcing of components and processes, redesign of products and components through execution of Value added/ Value Engineering (VA/VE) methodologies.
11. Assist new product development engineering with integration of new products, both buy/sell and internally manufactured, into production. Responsibilities include manufacturing feasibility and process development, COGS Models, pre-production/prototype/acceptance runs, SOP’s, etc.
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
We are committed to attracting and managing the best talent globally. We seek to attract and promote employees who demonstrate an ability and willingness to:
2. Communicate effectively
3. Initiate positive change
4. Drive for results
5. Deliver high quality work
6. Provide technical expertise
Technologist Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical/Electronic or related engineering discipline.
Has no direct reports.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum 2 years of relevant experien
Become a member and start posting today!Become a Member
No problem! You can post a featured job for $150/listing.Post a Job
Post your resume to your member profile and get found today!Post a Resume
Become an entrepreneur!Learn more