Accelerate Okanagan is looking for a talented individual to join our awesome team in a Marketing role. Do the following statements sound like you or resonate with you?
- You are driven by a deep desire to help, and want a career that is rewarding and purposeful (not just another job)
- You are an active listener
- You are an effective communicator (both written and verbal)
- You have a passion for entrepreneurship and startups
- You can see the bigger picture
- You love to collaborate, share ideas and work in a team environment
- You are comfortable in social settings, and can hold meaningful conversations
- These adjectives describe your personality: vibrant, enthusiastic, quirky, and fun
- You are somewhat techy, Macs or PCs no judgement, as long as you are comfortable and competent
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- PTO, Paid Personal Time Off days to recharge your battery
- Continuous career and professional learning opportunities
- Being at the forefront of tech innovation
- Being a part of the growing tech family
- Social events including but not limited to mandatory AO Staff Fun Day, networking events, community events and meetups such as Metabridge, AO Summer Block Party, New Year Kick Off Party, Entrepreneurs Unplugged, Startup Drinks, Geekbeers etc.
- Cool swag including funky socks
- Working with an awesome group of people including colleagues, clients and partners
The Marketing position is responsible for helping AO to become the central brand for technology and innovation in the Okanagan. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Responsible for maintaining Accelerate Okanagan's website, online, and social media communications, including site optimization, plug-ins, SEO strategies and analytics.
- Develop and maintain editorial planning, content, layout and production of internal & external marketing
- Create content and monitor the AO social media accounts through Hootsuite, this includes Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Monitoring feedback from social media and forums through the web site and other electronic and traditional media
- Assists in the creation and distribution of regular e-newsletters and e-mail blasts, where appropriate
- Writing and editing of blog posts, success stories and other communication, as needed
- Provide event support in areas including community and marketing activities, logistics and execution in areas including photography, videography, social media and online promotion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Communications, Business or Arts Degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Knowledgeable and proficient use of personal computer including practical experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and other applicable software and CRM packages
- Good understanding and hands-on experience in social media, creative and media strategy and internet-based communications
- Candidate must be very organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Ability to perform administrative and clerical duties with deliberate speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision
- Candidate must be friendly, personable and able to build harmonious working relationships with clients, co-workers and the general public
- Ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information a must
- Eye for graphic design with knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is an asset (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) and print production
How to Apply
Please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.