An advocate for the player, the QA Tester will help plan and execute test plans to ensure our games look amazing, feel even better, and leave our player community restless to return to our world.
Why this Role is Made for You:You March to a Different Beat
You’re an ambassador for innovative and improved quality processes. You aren’t looking for another monotonous testing job, you’re looking for a role where you can contribute new ideas and work alongside a world-class team. (you found us, we’re so excited to meet you!)You’re in the Driver’s Seat
Driving quality in our games gives you a holistic view of the game development process. We support your career growth to ensure your keen eye for quality supports your other career goals as you continue to learn and immerse yourself in the art and science of making great games. Quality is not a foot in the door, it’s the power behind the throne and a chance to truly ensure our players are priority.Our Culture – Happy Life, Happy Hippo.
We care about making great games because we love games and are rewarded for our hard work in spades. Our benefits and working vibe encourage and allow you to live your dreams in Kelowna: an affordable, picturesque, and diverse city, only an hour flight from Vancouver, BC Canada.
Our next QA Tester will have:
Planned and Executed Testing Activities – you’ve identified, reported, and followed up on bugs and anomalies, including testing content, logging/prioritizing bugs, performing bug triage, working with developers to fix bugs, and regression passes.
Partnered with internal development teams to rigorously assess the quality of the player experience and provide recommendations for improvement.
Worked on projects from concept through release phases, as well as continued updates and live operations.
Experience working on multiple projects at once, and effective at assessing prioritization.
Advocated for a culture of shared quality ownership throughout the studio/project teams.
Provide regular reporting to Producers and Operations Manager for respective products.
Work with Player Experience Team to ensure bug-related community feedback is investigated and addressed.
You’ll Bring to Hyper Hippo:
- 2+ years experience as a QA role, preferably in digital/mobile gaming.
- Ability to be self driven and and take ownership of the quality of a product
- Knowledge of database tools, including JIRA, and knowledge of product development life-cycles
- Experience with continuous delivery pipelines and embedded testing
- Efficient and informative project status and risk assessment reporting skills to stakeholders
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Familiar with mobile and PC testing, and their submission/standards processes
- Attention to detail bordering on the obsessive
- An eye for game design, risk assessment and user experience is an asset
- Knowledge and ability to use Version Control Systems (Git, SVN, etc),
- Build Pipelines (Jenkins) and Unity a bonus
- Experience with automated testing tools, unit tests and integration tests a bonus
- Competitive salary
- Extraordinary profit sharing program
- Health Benefits