Accelerate Okanagan (AO) is looking for a talented individual to join our awesome team as an Office Administrator. Do the following statements resonate with you?
- You are driven by a deep desire to help
- You are an active listener
- You are an effective communicator (both written and verbal)
- You have a passion for entrepreneurship and startups
- You love to collaborate, share ideas and work in a team environment
- You are comfortable in social settings, and can hold meaningful conversations
- These adjectives describe your personality: vibrant, enthusiastic, quirky, and fun
- You are somewhat techy, Macs or PCs no judgement, as long as you are comfortable and competent
The Office Administrator is a primary point of contact for the community and Accelerate Okanagan. They will be responsible for supporting the AO team, greeting guests that visit AO, and helping to support the vibrant and growing technology industry in the Okanagan. This positions reports directly to the Finance Manager is will work within the AO team to help execute on Accelerate Okanagan's strategic vision.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Engagement and communications lead with AO members by providing support and building relationships
- Responsible for engagement within the Okanagan technology community, that helps AO to create awareness and support for client and member companies
- Assist AO staff, CEO, and clients with facilities bookings and meeting coordination
- Promptly screen and distribute incoming calls, voicemail and email for AO
- Order and maintain office supplies
- Ensures all common areas are organized and kept in a clean manner
- Responsible for shipping & receiving, deliveries and incoming & outgoing mail
- Assist with monthly client/tenant invoicing and recording of payment
- Follow up on outstanding accounts
- Posting operational invoices to project accounts
- Responsible for petty cash, and preparing bank deposits
- Preparing back up paperwork for reporting purposes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Accounting course certificate and/or minimum 2 years’ experience
- Knowledgeable and proficient use of personal computer including practical experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Sage 50 and other applicable software
- Candidate must be very organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Ability to perform administrative and clerical duties with deliberate speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision
- Candidate must be friendly, personable and able to build harmonious working relationships with clients, co-workers and the general public
- Ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information a must.
How to Apply
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.