Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an onsite position only.
Drupal Back-end Developer with Cheeky Monkey Media are advanced Web Developers with a strong understanding of open source web technology LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP) stack. Drupal is a large and robust open source framework which Cheeky Monkey Media uses to build web-based solutions for our clients.
The Drupal Back-end Developer is required to be an experienced web developer with Drupal who are able to deliver the following:
- Custom module development
- Theme development
- Member of the Drupal community
- Mentor to junior web developer learning Drupal
So, now that we have your attention, what are some perks to working with a bunch of people who call themselves monkeys?
- Flexibility: You get to choose your hours and that’s pretty awesome. Your start time is also flexible. Because we roll like that.
- Extended Learning: Our team is all about attending events that help broaden our developer horizons.
- Diversity: Our team is not your average Drupal team. We aim to please, but we also have a great time with it.
- Team Meetings: The person that works with us locally will get to partake in some pretty kick-butt team meetings. There may or may not be beverages consumed.
- Backup: Unlike other companies, we will never let you fall on your monkey-butt. We work as a team and never leave a developer behind.
- Competitive Pay: Our pay scale is competitive, so we won’t leave you out to starve. We value your talent and for that you shall be rewarded.
Senior Drupal Back-end Developer Daily Duties would include:
- Developing custom Drupal modules using PHP
- Commit work to GIT repositories
- Performing peer code review of other team members code
- Write test scripts
- Investigating performance improvements and bottlenecks in code
- Deploy work to different development environments
- Document technical requirements based on client needs
- Provide patches to contributed Drupal modules
- Give direction to members as a projects Tech Lead
- Participate in demonstration of completed work to client
Education and Experience required:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum of 4 years Drupal programming experience
- Advanced proficiency in Drupal site engineering, module development & theming
- Substantial experience integrating open source and third-party applications into existing systems
- Advanced proficiency in Linux administration, Apache configuration, MySQL database, design, and PHP web development
- Intermediate proficiency in hand-coded W3C compliant HTML & CSS<
How to Apply
Would you like to apply? If so, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org