As a Senior Java Developer at Global Relay, you’ll be using leading edge technologies to build pioneering products that are used by tens of thousands of users globally to solve real world business problems. You also get to tackle interesting and engaging problems to do with scalability and high availability in big data environments. At Global Relay we are continuously pushing the boundaries of Java technology.
This is an opportunity to work with our Development team based in Vancouver. Despite working remotely, you will have daily interactions and engagements with a team of highly skilled developers and apply your craft in an environment that encourages creative thinking and autonomy. Our software is developed by small, focused agile teams of developers and QA. We encourage our developers to think beyond a single component to build complete system solutions. Challenge yourself by learning new technologies, and apply your skills across our different projects and application domains. If you are committed to code that is clean, well-tested, well-reviewed, performant and secure then you’ll fit in around here.
- NoSQL DBs (Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase, Zookeeper)
- Serialization libraries (Thrift, Protocol Buffers)
- Large scale data processing (Hadoop, Kafka)
- Dependency injection frameworks (Guice, Spring)
- CQRS frameworks (Axon)
- Text search engines (Lucene, ElasticSearch)
- Work as part of an agile development team to write Java code for enterprise services
- Write unit and integration tests for your Java code
- Design, in collaboration with team, the software implementations that satisfy business requirements
- Design, in collaboration with the architecture team, the system architectures that satisfy business requirements
- Collaborate with QA in development of test cases for Java code
- Develop deployment systems for Java based systems
- Document code and document detail designs
- Collaborate with product owners on user story generation and refinement
- Monitor and support operation of production systems
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues
- Minimum 8 years of Java developer experience
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with network protocols such as HTTP, TLS, TCP
- Experience with service oriented architecture
- Experience with web services technology such as REST, JSON, or Thrift
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience with design patterns
- Experience with test driven development
- Experience with continuous integration systems
- Experience with dependency injection containers
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, supervision, eDiscovery, and analytics for the global financial sector. We deliver services to 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, social media, mobile messaging, and more – with mobile, Outlook, and web access.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in six other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
- Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association (2016)
- Canada’s 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014, 2015)
- Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2014)
- Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013, 2016)
- Canada’s Best Managed Companies (2013 - present)
- Technology Fast 50 – Leadership (2014, 2018)
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world’s largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.
Think you're a great fit for this job? Apply today with your cover letter and resume.
How to Apply
Please click on this link to apply: http://careers-globalrelay.icims.com/jobs/2843/senior-java-developer-%5bremote%5d/job