Are you a Senior Software Developer looking for a challenge or a change of pace? Does the idea of working in the exciting world of avionics sound appealing? If you are looking for an interesting work environment and you want to join a dedicated & established team, then you could be a great addition to our company! AEM is growing fast and we have an opening for an exceptional Senior Software Developer with our Research & Development team. In this role, you will have a profound impact on the continued growth and success of our organization. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn new things and evolve in your career every day.
What Makes AEM Different?
Working at AEM is far from status quo. We are a forward-thinking company that believes in rewarding our staff and putting our people first. We are proud of our culture and we continuously nurture it to ensure our team feels valued every single day. Additionally, working and living in the beautiful Okanagan offers an exceptional opportunity for work-life balance, a comfortable pace of life and a wide range of after-work activities.
We offer a competitive compensation package along with unique and fun benefits & perks, such as:
- A comprehensive benefits package (extended health, vision, dental, health care spending account) after 3-month probationary period
- Profit sharing (paid quarterly) after 1 year of employment
- Defined contribution pension plan (2:1 match up to 5% of your earnings) after 1 year of employment
- Extra paid days off per year after 3-month probationary period
- 1 paid vacation day earned per year (in addition to your starting amount) starting in your 2nd year of employment
- Extensive job training with access to our tuition reimbursement program
- Employer-provided lunches when we meet or exceed our targets
- Flexible start times & shifts that suit your schedule
- Enjoyable social activities for employees several times per year
- Employee referral program for you to refer your network for a job at AEM
- Continuous learning and development support and opportunities
- A whole lot more!
The Senior Software Developer position requires developing and writing embedded software solutions and code for the creation of avionics products. These solutions are typically low-level development, and a thorough understanding of low-level hardware at the metal level is advantageous. This role is directly responsible for creating the advanced coding architecture for the R&D team. Moreover, this role is accountable for high-level decision making, task delegation, design specifications, and system integration. The Senior Software Developer will also manage small to medium size projects from concept to completion.
- Researches, designs, plans, writes, and manages all aspects of coding for R&D.
- References, translates, and contributes to R&D documents and product-specific standards (i.e., requirements).
- Creates lower-level R&D product-specific standards (i.e., R&D requirements) as needed.
- Troubleshoots and problem solves issues and root causes to optimize performance.
- Works concurrently on multiple projects of varying levels of complexity.
- Liaises with R&D Department Manager to identify and allocate resources.
- Collaborates with other department managers to support company objectives.
- Provides technical leadership and mentoring to junior developers.
- Trains other R&D employees and delegates tasks as required.
- Performs all duties per applicable Quality Program Procedures.
- Completes all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Technologist Diploma, or equivalent education (i.e., Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Systems Engineering, etc.) is required.
- Excellent C, C++ programming skills are required.
- 5-8 years of related experience is required.
- Knowledge or Experience with Embedded Software is required, some PC application. development would be advantageous.
- Knowledge or Experience with Software/Firmware DO-178 or DO-254 is an asset.
- Experience with hardware interfaces and communication protocols is required (i.e., UART, GPIO, I2C, SPI, CAN, USB).
- Related experience or education in Computer Science or Computer Technology is an asset.
How to Apply
**Applicants are asked to include a cover letter with their application.
To learn more about working with AEM and to apply to this exciting opportunity, visit: http://www.aem-corp.com/about-us/careers.
We appreciate all applicants and will only contact those who have been short-listed to participate in the recruitment process.