To pick, pack and ship Finished Goods in a safe and timely manner and be familiar with various packaging and shipping techniques to ensure customers receive on-time delivery of orders. Receive, verify, count, off-load and inspect inbound freight and enter data into computer system with the highest degree of accuracy.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Member of Operations Support – As required, available for cross training and assisting other functions within Operations.
- Working effectivity as a team with coworkers to ensure all responsibilities are processed safely, accurately and timely
- Checking labels and presentation of finished goods packages
- Checking arrangement on cart (correct orientation)
- Putting appropriate product on warehouse shelves
- Picking product accurately from shelves to fill orders
- Completing all warehousing transactions (electronic or paper) accurately and timely
- Counting product – as required counting/recounting warehouse inventories to verify stock quantities
- Contribute ideas, lead and/or participate in improvement projects related to the warehousing processes
- Following current & establishing new processes to ensure Warehouse/Shipping Dock in safe, clean, and well organized
- Picking, packing and shipping product within the designated shipping times for each carrier with every effort to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Picking product accurately from picking lists
- Quick, efficient and effective packaging of orders into shipping boxes and containers to ensure customers receive the right product undamaged
- Accurate and timely completion of appropriate manual weigh bills and computer generated (web based) weigh bills related to various couriers, carriers and shipping companies
- Generating required customs documentation for each shipment
- Generating all required documentation for shipments including End of Day reporting.
- Timely and accurate communication and paper handling related to shipments
- Excellent management of time in order to process shipments with the least amount of assistance from other Operations Support staff
- Ability to understand when and how to request additional resources to assist when volumes are high and effectively direct the additional resources
- Contribute ideas, lead and/or participate in improvement projects related to Shipping processes
RECEIVING & RAW MATERIAL INSPECTION
- General Inspection of all incoming shipping boxes and pallets for damage and recording any issues on bill of lading
- Signing for all incoming shipments
- Physically moving all incoming shipments to the Incoming Inspection area
- Verify contents of shipment (part #, quantity, etc.) with delivery note
- Conduct Inspection of technical aspects (as far as trained by R&D and described in the wiki) including component type, version number, manufacturing #, specific documented quality specifications, etc.
- Inform R&D of receiving of special items or components and keep them clearly organized
- Maintain and keep segregated all non-conforming product and follow all appropriate NC processes
- Complete IFS entry of all inspected items (including the receiving of offsite inventory)
- Sign and deliver paperwork to Accounts Payable
- Apply appropriate component labels and place onto corresponding distribution carts
- Process all incoming shipments in a timely fashion (typically within 24 hours of receipt)
- Excellent management of time in order to process inbound shipments with the least amount of assistance from other Operations Support staff
- Contribute ideas, lead and/or participate in improvement projects related to the Receiving and Raw Materials Inspection processes
- Distribute components quickly to the appropriate locations on the production floor
- Ensure components on production floor are stored safely, well organized and clearly labelled according to company standards
- Maintain component addressing system
- Preemptively and when asked, move components to more ergonomic locations and assist employees when heavy objects (>25 lbs) need to be moved
- Manage overstock effectively so it is stored efficiently and moved to the production floor prior to components running out
- Distribute all ‘no part’ purchase order receipts to recipients
- Contribute ideas, lead and/or participate in improvement projects related to the Material Handling processes
- Backup printing brochures as required for Manufacturing needs, literature orders and any other Sales & Marketing needs
- Trained to operate brochure printing equipment
- Complete any assigned maintenance tasks in a timely, safe manner
- Maintain Maintenance record for all assigned maintenance tasks to ensure all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance is documented
- Inform manager of any issues related to maintenance as soon as it is identified
Other duties as assigned within the scope of this position.
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
We are committed to attracting and managing the best talent globally. We seek to attract and promote employees who demonstrate an ability and willingness to:
1. Collaborate Across Workgroups (Teamwork)
2. Communicate Effectively
3. Initiate Positive Change
4. Drive for Results
5. Deliver High Quality Work
6. Provide Technical Expertise
Minimum of high school diploma or GED; and/or equivalent work experience.
No direct reports.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- At least 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience in shipping, receiving , and warehousing experience
- Attention to detail; strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task under pressure and in deadline environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills with a variety of operational software systems (I.e. MS Suite, Excel, Visio, etc.)
- Proficient data entry and typing speeds
- Preferential experience of previous warehousing operating software systems and freight carrier software systems (UPS, Fedex, etc.)
- Preferably work experience or exposure and knowledge of Continuous Improvement, Lean, and warehousing systems and processes.
- Works in a warehouse environment in a safe and competent manner particularly due to the physical requirements of the job; working independently and in a large warehouse facility.
- Ability to move throughout the manufacturing and office areas.
- Ability to multi-task and strong organizational skills.
- Physically and mentally able to meet all requirements of the job; lifting /moving of up to 55 lbs or 25 kgs Frequency varies with task but averages are: 15 – 50 shipments/day, 5 – 20 Receipts/day.
- Alternates between sitting, standing, couching, lifting and moving within the work area.
- Must be able to manipulate equipment & tools properly in the performance of tasks (pallet jacks, step ladder, tape gun, product carts, etc.)
- Other demands include but not limited to oral, written, and presentation/communications skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should:
Submit a detailed cover letter and resume attention to: S. Paradoski, Human Resources Manager