Watts Water Technologies/tekmar Controls is transforming from a traditional HVAC Hydronic business to a leading edge Global Electronics digital business harnessing the power of the cloud, big data/analytics, Internet of things, firmware/hardware and design thinking. We are leading change that brings value to our customers, partners, and shareholders through the creation of innovative software and data-driven products.
Tekmar Control Systems is at the forefront of this change with our R&D Services. We are looking for a team member who thrives on challenging the status-quo, embraces new technology and intelligent risk taking, has passion for innovation, is results-orientated and excels in a fast paced collaborative team environment.
The Software team engineers contemporary architecture and services, constructing solutions that remain scalable and adaptable. Our goal is to provide a foundation for our businesses to innovate faster and drive our competitive advantage.
As a member of the WATTS/tekmar R&D Team - the candidate will be responsible for contributing to leading in the design, development and implementation of our enterprise global electronics core platform. He/She while part of our team transforming our organization through the delivery of our technology products and impact directly our growth. Our R&D Team is responsible and focused on the agile development of the global electronics platform while collaborating with our data, connectivity, application and product teams.
You will be given the opportunity to take your proven experience and excel in a growing and innovative company that’s world class and leading the industry.
This position is located in the sunny Okanagan, Vernon BC! Check us out online by visiting our brand company at www.tekmarcontrols.com and our parent company at www.wattswater.com
JOB DESCRIPTION - SOFTWARE DEVELOPER/ENGINEER III
The individual is an intermediate to senior software developer who works on a range of embedded software development projects focused on products compromising of the “Internet of Things” (IoT). The individual may also lead software development projects and mentor junior developers.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Works with product management on requirements gathering for projects where the objectives may only be defined at a high level and where many components have no prior art.
- Documents software design plans and specifications, including architectural diagrams, sequences of operation, state diagrams, and other formats appropriate to the subject matter.
- Integrates third party software, including open-source libraries. Ensures imported software meets quality standards.
- Tests, troubleshoots and debugs embedded and other software programs and scripts.
- Writes and executes test plans and test code involving a range of techniques from automated unit testing through black-box bench testing to system simulation and modeling.
- Manages software releases to the factory for new product manufacturing and to the field for remote product updates.
- Works closely with embedded software and hardware engineers, IT professionals, web developers and product management to develop integrated IoT solutions.
- Compiles, analyzes and reports research and test data.
- Provides project leadership within scope of position and accountabilities.
- May include up to 10% travel
*Other duties as required
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
We are committed to attracting and managing the best talent globally. We seek to attract and promote employees who demonstrate an ability and willingness to:
1. Collaborate Across Workgroups
2. Communicate Effectively
3. Initiate Positive Change
4. Drive for Results
5. Deliver High Quality Work
6. Provide Technical Expertise
• Engineering or Computer Science Bachelor's Degree
No direct reports.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Solid understanding of software fundamentals including shell scripting, IDEs, version control, configuration management, continuous integration, automated testing, etc.
- Understand and challenges that separate embedded software development from desktop and server deployment.
- Ability to read schematics and component datasheets and, from them, implement and troubleshoot hardware drivers.
- Comfortable debugging hardware/software interactions using multi-meters, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Experience with developing on Windows and Posix based systems.
- Working knowledge of management tools such as Confluence, SharePoint, Jira and MS Project.
- Strong conceptual and visionary thinking
- Ability to stay organized in a dynamic working environment
- Passionate about learning new technologies and finding ways to apply them.
- Strong communication, both written and oral, and the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of peers and audiences.
- Actively collaborates with engineers and peer teams, voluntarily and effectively shares information
- Ability to work effectively in a research environment using critical thinking skills and be decisive while working cooperatively with others
- Ability to work productively in a research environment using critical thinking skills and be decisive while working cooperatively with others.
- Ability to stay organized in a dynamic working environment.
- Self-directed and able to troubleshoot and solve problems independently as well as on a team
- Works in an office/laboratory environment.
- Ability to move throughout the manufacturing and office areas.
- Alternates between sitting, standing, lifting of items and moving within the work area.
- Must be able to manipulate equipment used in performance of tasks.
- Other demands include but not limited to oral, written, and presentation/communications skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply through our Company Job Portal: http://www.wattswater.com/Careers/Vernon
BC Canada/ Software Engineer III Posting
Email submissions are also accepted and a detailed cover letter and resume can be sent to : S. Paradoski, Human Resources Manager / Email: email@example.com