Who We Are
Be a part of a growing business and make your mark on the development of a mission-critical team that provides our clients with excellent ERP software support services. InterSect Business Systems Inc. is a leader in the Food Distribution and Processing Software industry in Canada. With over 20 years of experience developing our fully integrated distrib-u-tec ERP software, we enable client success by providing customized solutions that meet their evolving needs within the industry.
distrib-u-tec software is a server-based ERP fully integrated software for the Food Industry. Our clients are geographically located across North America. distrib-u-tec software is deployed on TS workstations, handheld RF scanner computers, POS equipment, tablets, and laptops. Some environments have integrated weigh scales. Barcodes and labeling practices are part of our fully traceable warehouse management systems. Our clients are food distributors, packers and processors. www.distrib-u-tec.com
We are seeking a driven and client-focused software service desk specialist to provide support to distrib-u-tec software users in a courteous, efficient, and effective manner. You are one of the company’s front line staff and will solve ERP software issues, educate clients, and provide support for all in-scope support service work. This position also supports the development of standards and documentation that contribute to the ongoing enhancements of the client services software support team.
· Respond to and resolve user support requests via email, phone, and remot connections.
· Ensure proper recording, documentation, and closure of issues and time spent.
· Work with JIRA Service desk ticket software.
· Track, route and redirect problems to the correct resources.
· Walk customers through problem-solving processes and educate clients to become more self-sufficient.
· Follow up with customers, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution.
· Report on service desk tasks.
· Execute scheduled software updates and deploy new software installations.
· Perform in-house daily back-ups.
· Perform in-house server maintenance.
· Proactively gain knowledge about our software products to better equip yourself to support clients.
· Recommended internal procedural and software modifications or improvements.
· Research and document solutions to new problems and better solutions for existing problems.
· Create and maintain documentation of various systems and software programs.
· Understand and communicate what our software support services include and don’t include and redirect clients to their IT department as appropriate.
· Provide after-hours/weekend on-call software support services on a rotational basis.
Education, Experience, and Skills
· Certificate, diploma or degree in information technology, computer science or equivalent.
· 1-3 years Experience in a technical support role or cross-over skills.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft operating environments.
· Working knowledge of hardware integration.
· Understanding of data management models.
· Working experience in providing software service desk support.
· Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure.
· Strong communication skills both on the phone and written.
· Willingness to learn and grow into more senior roles within the organization.
What We Offer
· A friendly workplace with a company that is on the move.
· Fully covered group benefits plan including extended medical and dental.
Join as a membership and push your job opportunities further!Member Perks
You can share a single featured job listing for $150/listing.Post a Job
Post your resume to your member profile and get found today!New Opportunities
Our Programs offer mentorship and coaching for Startups and Scale Ups.Mentorship Matters