Well, you would get to be a part of a team that values collaboration and the creative freedom to
produce and make games in a studio that oozes work ethic & creative ‘crazy’. Hippo's hang out, they
understand that being a part of something that is bigger than "one" is just super rewarding ... and it's
fun. Yeah, we have the ‘usual’; foosball & ping pong, but we also have the unusual in a game studio
that goes beyond perks and free snacks, we actually "LIKE" and respect each other, and celebrate the
uniqueness that we all rock!
We trust and value each other's opinions and are stoked when we all succeed and share in that wild ride, because success is not easy. Our tribe is definitely unlike most and we want to keep it that way, we like it unusual, a little weird and a lot bold. Interested? ...sweet, we'd love to see what you've been up to and where you’d like to see yourself go.
We envision a world where our global community is always excited to play our next game.
We believe entrepreneurs will rally passionate teams to grow the best games. Outline of the
The Senior Mobile Game Designer is a visionary and an entrepreneur that will drive the development of new game ideas, as well as be the creative voice guiding and providing day to day wizardry with our current IP’s. This individual will be a seasoned game designer that can take an idea, run with it and get others stoked. Be bold, think out of the box and never give up on your vision. You are an insanely creative decision maker that can define features, design game loops tapping into industry standard principles and dig deep into how our players think and play and to give those players an experience that they didn’t even know they wanted. Self-motivated, “passionate” about gaming doesn’t even begin to describe your love for games and looking to work in an autonomous environment where you can take ownership of your work ... is totally your mantra.
Attitude and Personality:
● Creative and not afraid to kick around ideas until they fall apart or sparkle like diamonds
● Comfortable in fast-paced environments, that turn on a dime and are market driven
● Agile and flexible (back flips not required) to moving deadlines and schedules
● Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to lead by your magnetic personality & positive influence
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills...so you can help HR write JD’s. ...kidding! ...sort of...
● Enjoys collaborating with a small, creative team ● Self motivated, able to work with minimal direction ● Total bonus if you are a socially-conscious individual, eager to contribute to the local and global community
● Avid game player (mobile game love is a monster plus) ● Possesses the ability and desire to contribute in a highly creative environment, providing unique concepts and solutions Requirements and Experience: ● 5+ years as Game Designer
● Great understanding of games, economy/balance, design, game mechanics, as well as story and character design
● Deep knowledge of UX/UI
● Understands humour, and how to weave it into game design
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Expertise with user acquisition, player retention, engagement and monetization KPI’s, not to mention … how to translate analytics into actionable game features and balancing improvements
● Understanding of micro-transactions and F2P core game loops & pinch points
● Up to speed with trends in mobile gaming (Web, Steam/download & console would be a rockin’ bonus as well)
● Strong mathematical abilities & mad spreadsheet balancing skills
● Idle game experience or interest is a HUGE plus
● Work with the Hyper Hippo team to design new game ideas, carry a vision rally a team, develop them and launch them.
● Create a vision and then find the fun through rapid prototyping.
● Contribute to other studio projects & the development of other designers
● Define feature and game requirements
● After launch, continue to refine the game using data & contingency planning
● Competitive salary
● Extraordinary profit sharing program
● Health Benefits
● 3 weeks vacation
● 10 personal days per year
● Annual self development budget to attend conferences, courses, training – you name it
Become a member and start posting today!Become a Member
No problem! You can post a featured job for $150/listing.Post a Job
Post your resume to your member profile and get found today!Post a Resume
Become an entrepreneur!Learn more