Technical Product Owner
Posted on: December 6th, 2020
Sofia Family Inc.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 4-8+ years
Sofia Family helps families develop healthy digital habits for a lifetime by providing a hardware + software solution that simplifies cross device time management for gaming, social media and entertainment across consoles, computers and mobile devices.
We are gearing up for our Beta and commercial launch and are in need of a Technical Product Owner to take our team efficiency and quality to the next level. The Role
You are an experienced Technical Product Owner or Product Owner / Scrum Master and have a proven track-record with 4+ years of experience running teams and releasing and building a variety of products in SaaS, mobile and Web. Unlike a traditional Product Owner, you have an engineering / technical background, and you can dig into technical stories / problems to understand how things work in order to provide more context and detail to the engineers to reduce dependency on senior engineers over time. You love agile and believe in the systematic, methodical approach to getting work done. You will bring your experience and fresh ideas and perspectives to the table to help develop a top-notch software development organization.
You know what “good” looks like and people say you are a good communicator who is nice to work with.
Does this sound like you?
In this role, you will work and collaborate closely with senior leadership and a small, scrappy, agile team of developers to release and continue development of our launch product. In addition to ensuring the effective and efficient release of quality product features and enhancements, you will also work with other team members to ensure that our platform is backed with solid infrastructure, data pipeline, test automation and CI for our backend and front-end applications. You will be a key member in helping to shape our platform and processes as we go from beta to launch over the next few months and beyond.
The Tech Stack:
As Technical Product Owner, you will be working with the team on a variety of technologies including:
- Our backend API and services (Node+TS+Serverless: Mongo, Redis, PubSub, MQTT) on GCP
- Native Client applications on Android, Windows, MacOS, iOS (using various languages) Web Applications (React+Redux)
- VPN Client and Server software
- Data ingestion and Processing from thousands of IoT devices and Client applications
- Software Integration via MQTT with our proprietary hardware device
- IoT and Home automation integration
Requirements and Attributes:
- 4+ years of experience in Product Ownership / Scrum Master / Technical Product Owner
- Track record of being hands-on, innovative and efficient.
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Efficient and thorough attention to detail and organizational skills
- Technically hands-on, can help diagnose issues or expand the detail behind a bug report
- Great at prioritizing and getting things done
- Strong technical skills and ability
- Great leadership skills
- Background in engineering or software development is a big bonus
How to Apply
Please apply at http://www.sofiafamily.com/technical-product-owner