Reporting to the Firmware QA Specialist, The Test Technician will work as part of a dedicated SQA team to test, evaluate, and qualify software and firmware used on Myer Sound’s digital audio processing products. This is an opportunity to work with a team of highly dedicated technicians and engineers who have designed some of the industry leading digital audio devices and work with groundbreaking digital audio equipment. This is a full-time, exempt position. This position is located in Vernon, BC.
· Develop and follow test scripts to verify software functionality, integrity, and reliability.
· Investigate software or firmware issues using various tools such as oscilloscopes, audio editors, recorders, and voltmeters.
· Reproduce issues found in the field and verify that fixes from developers correctly address the issue.
· Develop and maintain test cases, scripts, and test environments, and build any necessary test harnesses.
· Analyze, characterize, and report on any defects found.
· Regularly report on testing status and unresolved issues.
· This position requires occasional international travel.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum of two years of experience in a software testing role that includes developing test procedures from requirements, collaborating with software developers and other test engineers, executing test procedures, recording test results, analyzing the results to assist in debugging and constantly working to improve the process.
· Prior experience and familiarity with live audio concepts and equipment.
· Self-managing with strong initiative and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Must be able to work both individually and within a team of developers and other software testers.
· Must have working knowledge of networking concepts, multiple operating systems (Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux), embedded systems, and the ability to organize and manage testing activities.
· Experience with scripting and programming languages (bash, PowerShell, Python) is required.
· This position requires the exercise of discretion and independent decision making.· This position requires occasional travel to the US.
Become a member and start posting today!Become a Member
No problem! You can post a featured job for $150/listing.Post a Job
Post your resume to your member profile and get found today!Post a Resume
Become an entrepreneur!Learn more